Well, here we are again. I know it’s been a while, but life gets in the way. Why should it? What does it achieve besides sleepless nights, weight gain, health issues…pick a problem. The last year has really been one of discovery and reality for me. It’s like I have woken from a dream, wondering where the hell I am.
I recently got serious about my weight. For years I resented being admired for my slim curves and resented it, bitterly. I wanted someone to love me, not my body. Now I have been overweight, oh hell, obese for 20 years, I resent that I can’t get anyone to look at me. What did I expect?
I’ll tell you what…I expected Disney to be right. I expected that someone would fall in love with me because I am an awesome person. We are hard wired to believe that Prince Charming, fame, wealth and security are available by being in the right place at the right time. That’s simply bullshit. Any chance of happiness for a woman depends solely upon the ability to maintain long hair and as ass as narrow as your mind.
So I have started my adventure with a new sense of purpose. I needed to find a focus that meant something to me. Here’s what I have come up with.
- I am apologetically Democrat.
- Families need help learning to eat healthy on $50 a week
- Cooking/baking is my life’s passion and I am ready to do the work to make it my vocation.
- Disney was wrong. Women should be appreciated for who they are and not what they look like.
- Bullying in any and all forms is not acceptable, that means political bullying as well as all other forms.
So, if you have a mind, you are welcome to come along on this journey with me. I’m not sure where we will wind up, but I’m sure we’ll have fun getting there.